Wednesday, April 9, 2014

"Valid" update

The second and final prologue of "Valid" has been added to the site.  I'm not sure if I'm going to add full chapters from here on out, or just a few pages at a time. 


Spiritman is coming along more slowly than we'd originally hoped, but it's coming along.  I am trying to help Paul out with the lettering, but it's going to take more time and effort to get it right than I had initially thought.  I'd never really thought about it before, but I'm seeing now that the lettering is an art form in and of itself.  As a writer, I'd always treated words as a simple tool for conveying ideas.  But I'm finding out that the style and form of the words in a comic are just as important as the words themselves.  On a very basic level, it's the difference between "Pow." and


!!!POW!!!!


Paul's done with the artwork up to page 10, but almost all of the pages aren't lettered.  If I can't get up to speed in time, Paul will letter the second issue. 


Scott
edgiscript3@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment